This course introduces the student to the form, function and operating principles of meters and test equipment. Test procedures are explained and practiced.
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 36
Lecture Hours: 24
Laboratory Hours: 12
This course is offered online:
- Common meter features
- Voltage measurement
- Current measurement
- Resistance measurement
- Power and energy measurement
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Set up and demonstrate meter use for voltage measurement of a circuit
- Measure current in a given circuit
- Measure resistance in a given circuit
- Measure and record energy monitoring data
- Measure and record power reading on a meter
Use initiative to identify tasks.
Use time productively.
Select and use appropriate tools.
Final Exam: 20 %
Quizzes and Tests: 70 %
Lab Work: 10 %
Percentage of Individual Work:
Course Offered in Other Programs
Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Keys to Success:
Maintaining a professional attitude
Successful study habits
Receiving a minimum 70% in the program
Required - Industry Training Authority, Electrical Manual First Period (Queen's Printer). Chapters Covered: Selections