This course introduces the student to the form, function, and operating principles of electrical semiconductors.
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 109
Lecture Hours: 75
Laboratory Hours: 34
This course is offered online:
- Series circuits
- Parallel circuits
- Combination Circuits
- Voltage Divider Circuits
- Bridge Circuits
- Common Conductors
- Conductor Resistance
- Three wire (Edison) circuits
- Semiconductor Diodes
- Features of junction transistors
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Analyze series circuits
- Analyze parallel and combination circuits
- Analyze voltage divider circuits
- Analyze bridge and three wire (Edison) circuits
- Connect and test manual motor starters
- Connect and test semiconductor diodes
- Connect and test magnetic motor starters
Use initiative to identify tasks.
Use time productively.
Select and use appropriate tools.
Final Exam: 20 %
Quizzes and Tests: 70 %
Lab Work: 10 %
Percentage of Individual Work:
Course Offered in Other Programs
Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Keys to Success:
Maintaining a professional attitude
Successful study habits
Receiving a minimum 70% in the program
Required - Industry Training Authority, Electrical Manual Second Period (Queen's Printer). Chapters Covered: Selections