This course introduces the student to the practices of the Wind Turbine industry regarding planning, site preparation, foundation installation, tower construction, nacelle installation, blade installation and commissioning of wind turbines.
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 12
Lecture Hours: 8
Laboratory Hours: 4
This course is offered online:
WTMT 106 - SCRs, Diacs and Triacs
- Site planning
- Site preparation
- Foundation preparation and installation
- Tower construction
- Nacelle installation
- Turbine blade installation
- Turbine commissioning
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the procedures for site planning and preparation
- Describe the procedure for foundation installation
- Describe the procedure for tower construction
- Outline nacelle installation procedures
- Describe turbine blade installation processes
- Describe the various roles in turbine commissioning
Use initiative to identify tasks.
Use time productively.
Select and use appropriate tools.
Final Exam: 50 %
Assignments: 15 %
Field Experience: 15 %
Participation: 20 %
Nature of Participation:
Wind park visit evaluation.
Percentage of Individual Work:
Course Offered in Other Programs:
Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Keys to Success:
Maintaining a professional attitude
successful study habits
Receiving a minimum 70% in the program
Required - BZEE, BZEE Curriculum Manual (BZEE). Chapters Covered: Selections