This course introduces the student to the practices of the Wind Turbine industry regarding Wind Turbine towers and peripheral equipment. This includes cabling, ladder systems, manlift systems, platform installations and emergency descent systems.
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 12
Lecture Hours: 8
Laboratory Hours: 4
This course is offered online
WTMT 107 - Wind Turbine Construction
-Tower install and securement
- Ladder systems and related safety equipment
- Tower cabling and securement devices
- Manlift equipment and supporting systems
- Hatches and access doors
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the turbine tower and its features
- Identify ladder systems and the related safety equipment
- Describe tower cabling systems and the securement devices
- Describe the various manlift devices and supporting equipment
- Identify hatches and access door configurations
Use initiative to identify tasks.
Use time productively.
Select and use appropriate tools.
Final Exam: 50 %
Assignments: 15 %
Field Experience: 15 %
Participation: 20 %
Nature of Participation:
Percentage of Individual Work
Course Offered in Other Programs:
Supplies:Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Keys to Success:
Maintaining a professional attitude
Successful study habits
Receiving a minimum 70% in the program
Required - BZEE, BZEE Curriculum Manual (BZEE). Chapters Covered: Selections