This course introduces the student to the form, function, and operating principles of electrical transformers.
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 30
Lecture Hours: 20
Laboratory Hours: 10
This course is offered online
WTMT 108 - Wind Turbine Towers
- Single Phase Transformers
- Transformer fundamentals
- Multi-winding transformers
- Voltage regulation and tap changing equipment
- Instrument transformers
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe circuit protection devices
- Describe voltage regulation and tap changing equipment of single phase transformers
- Connect and test autotransformers and instrument transformers
- Connect and test instrument transformers and pilot auxiliary control devices of AC motor controls
- Describe lighting fundamentals
Use initiative to identify tasks.
Use time productively.
Select and use appropriate tools.
Final Exam: 20 %
Quizzes and Tests: 70 %
Lab Work: 10 %
Percentage of Individual Work
Course Offered in Other Programs
Supplies:Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Keys to Success:
Maintaining a professional attitude
Successful study habits
Receiving a minimum 70% in the program
Optional - Industry Training Authority, Electrical Manual Second Period (Queen's Printer). Chapters Covered: Selections