This course introduces the students to the basic hydraulic systems and their supporting role in wind turbine operation. The course covers troubleshooting, component identification, filtration, pumps, seals and actuators.
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 60
Lecture Hours: 45
Laboratory Hours: 15
This course is offered online:
- Hydraulic components of the basic system
- Pumps and motors
- Seals and filtration
- Rotary and linear actuators
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Valves and relief control
- Hydraulic schematics
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe hydraulic operating principles
- Identify various hydraulic pumps and motors
- Describe the filtration process in a hydraulic system
- Identify rotary and linear actuator types
- Describe various hydraulic valves and their function
- Interpret hydraulic line drawings
Use initiative to identify tasks.
Use time productively.
Select and use appropriate tools.
Final Exam: 20 %
Quizzes and Tests: 70 %
Lab Work: 10 %
Percentage of Individual Work
Course Offered in Other Programs
Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Keys to Success
Maintaining a professional attitude
Successful study habits
Receiving a minimum 70% in the program.
Required - BZEE, BZEE Curriculum Manual (BZEE). Chapters Covered: Selections
Required - Industry Training Authority, Millwright Selected Curriculum (Queen's Printer). Chapters Covered: Selections