This course introduces the students to the various fluids used in wind turbine operation. In addition students will study seal configuration and performance. Troubleshooting procedures for lubrication, fluids and seals is also covered in this course.
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 24
Lecture Hours: 16
Laboratory Hours: 8
This course is offered online:
WTMT 113 - Wind Turbine Hydraulics
- Fluid seal types
- Lubricating fluid types and applications
- Installation of seals
- Troubleshooting lubrication systems and seals
- Wind turbine seal applications
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the function of fluid seals
- Identify seal types and applications
- Identify fluid types and applications
- Describe typical troubleshooting techniques for fluid systems and seals
- Identify seal applications and locations on hydraulic systems
Use initiative to identify tasks.
Use time productively.
Select and use appropriate tools.
Final Exam: 20 %
Quizzes and Tests: 70 %
Lab Work: 10 %
Percentage of Individual Work:
Course Offered in Other Programs:
Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Keys to Success:
Maintaining a professional attitude
Successful study habits
Receiving a minimum 70% in the program
Required - BZEE, BZEE Curriculum Manual (BZEE). Chapters Covered: Selected
Required - Industry Training Authority, Millwright Selected Curriculum (Queen's Printer). Chapters Covered: Selections