This course introduces the student to cooling systems and supporting hardware for wind turbines. Included in this course are cooling system schematic interpretation and troubleshooting techniques.
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 30
Lecture Hours: 20
Laboratory Hours: 10
This course is offered online
WTMT 114 - Wind Turbine Fluids and Seals
- Various cooling system configuration
- Principles of cooling system operation
- Cooling system components and their function
- Troubleshooting cooling systems
- Schematic interpretation
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify cooling systems on wind turbines
- Describe the purpose for cooling systems on turbines
- Identify cooling system components on turbines
- Describe troubleshooting procedures for cooling systems
- Analyze and interpret cooling system schematics
Use initiative to identify tasks.
Use time productively.
Select and use appropriate tools.
Final Exam: 20 %
Quizzes and Tests: 70 %
Lab Work: 10 %
Percentage of Individual Work:
Course Offered in Other Programs:
Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Keys to Success:
Maintaining a professional attitude
Successful study habits
Receiving a minimum 70% in the program
Required - BZEE, BZEE Curriculum Manual (BZEE). Chapters Covered: Selections