This course introduces the students to the process of planning construction and maintenance projects related to wind turbine parks. This course includes dealing with contract workers, sequencing of project work, safety and certification regulations on the work site and environmental considerations when work planning.
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 12
Lecture Hours: 9
Laboratory Hours: 3
This course is offered online:
WTMT 115 - Wind Turbine Cooling Systems
- Safe work procedure planning
- Engaging contractors for specific work
- Environmental considerations
- Governmental regulations guiding work completion
- Work sequencing
- Work completion documentation
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the process for planning a safe work procedure for the project
- Identify required elements for engaging independent contractors
- Describe environmental considerations related to wind park development
- Describe governmental regulation compliance
- Prepare a simple work sequencing plan
- Describe work completion documentation
Use initiative to identify tasks.
Use time productively.
Select and use appropriate tools.
Final Exam: 50 %
Assignments: 25 %
Participation: 25 %
Nature of Participation:
Class development of work plan.
Percentage of Individual Work:
Percentage of Group Work
Course Offered in Other Programs
Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Keys to Success:
Maintaining a professional attitude
Successful study habits
Receiving a minimum 70% in the program
Required - BZEE, BZEE Curriculum Manual (BZEE). Chapters Covered: SelectionsAdd Content...