This course introduces the students to the inspection and repair procedures for wind turbine rotor blades. This course covers typical rotor blade damage, repair procedures and safe work practice unique to rotor blade repair.
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 43
Lecture Hours: 24
Laboratory Hours: 19
This course is offered online:
- Rotor blade configurations
- Rotor blade composition
- Rotor blade repair
- Rotor blade finishes
- Safe work practice when repairing blades
- Health and safety shop practices in blade repair
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe various rotor blade configurations
- Identify rotor blade composition
- Describe different types of rotor blade repair
- Identify different rotor blade finishes
- Describe safe work practices when repairing blades
- Identify hazards when repairing blades
Use initiative to identify tasks.
Use time productively.
Select and use appropriate tools.
Final Exam: 50 %
Lab Work: 50 %
Percentage of Individual Work:
Course Offered in Other Programs:
Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Keys to Success:
Maintaining a professional attitude
Successful study habits
Receiving a minimum 70% in the program
Required - BZEE, BZEE Curriculum Manual (BZEE). Chapters Covered: Selections
Required - Industry Training Authority, Millwright Selected Curriculum (Queen's Printer). Chapters Covered: Selections