This program provides a stepping-stone into the Social Services Worker Diploma program for students who do not meet the Diploma entrance requirements. The Bridge is a combination of Career and College Preparation courses and two Social Services Worker Diploma program courses. This program formalizes the upgrading process and gives guidance to students in how to proceed with upgrading into a specific program.
There are no direct career prospects. Successful completion of the Social Services Worker Bridging Certificate meets all program admission criteria for the Social Services Worker Diploma program; however, the prerequisite for 100-level English courses must still be met.
Location: Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Fort Nelson, Fort St. John, Tumbler Ridge campuses
Length: 42 weeks
Fees: Current Fee Schedule
- 18 years of age
- 17 years of age or older and out of school for at least one year, or by special arrangement with the School District
- Undergo an informal placement assessment
- Achieve Career and College Preparation test scores indicating readiness for ENGL050 (Provincial/Grade 12).
- The program is not eligible for Canada Student Loans.
- Tuition fees are applicable for the Social Services Worker Diploma courses; tuition is free for Career and College Preparation courses.
- The information on this program page is a summary of the official Program Completion Guide approved by NLC’s Education Council. Download a PDF of the Program Completion Guide.
APPLY NOW for the Social Services Worker Bridge program
Do you need more information?
Program Contact: Kristina Van De Walle
Semester 1 (Fall)
Semester 2 (Winter)