INDUSTRY-DRIVEN TRAINING THROUGH CONSULTATION.
Northern Lights College has been offering Trades and Apprenticeship training for more than 40 years. Students in our programs receive high quality instruction, great service, and a solid foundation on which to build their career in the trades.
Why choose Northern Lights College for Trades and Apprenticeship programs?
- Small classes and well-trained instructors who have industry experience. The excellent student-to-faculty ratio at NLC gives you more direct contact with your instructors than at other institutions.
- NLC is an Industry Training Authority (ITA) approved training provider for many of our trades programs in the Interprovincial (Red Seal) trade.
- The shortage of qualified workers in northern British Columbia means our graduates leave with skills for immediate, well-paid employment.
- The wide range of trades and technology programs available at NLC reflect the demands of regional industry and business.
At NLC, we offer:
- Apprenticeship Training: Do you have an employer willing to sponsor you as a registered Apprentice? You can start and complete all levels of Apprenticeship training at NLC in your chosen trade.
- Foundation Trades Training: If you are new to a trade area, or do not have an employer sponsor, NLC Foundation programs provide you the knowledge and training you need to find employment.
- Technical/Vocational Trades Training: NLC offers several trades training programs that have been developed in conjunction with industry and training partners to meet the current needs of industry, so that you can step directly into the workplace.
- Dual Credit Programs (include link to new page): Are you a secondary school student in School District 59, 60 or 81 who is looking to get an early start on your Trades and Apprenticeship training. If you meet the entrance prerequisites, you could complete your Foundation training and be ready to enter the workforce prior to or at the same time you complete secondary school.
The Hub for BC's Public Trades Training Programs & Services (click to follow the link):
Dean, Trades and Apprenticeship
Associate Dean, Trades and Apprenticeship
Trades Support Clerk, Fort St. John Campus
Program Chair – Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
Trades Support Clerk, Dawson Creek Campus