Northern Lights College recognizes and affirms the right of persons with disabilities to gain access to post secondary education and, without unfairly disadvantaging other students, Northern Lights College will take the initiative to remove barriers that prevent or inhibit full participation by persons with disabilities.
Note: please refer to the policy for full details. All services may not be available at smaller centres.
Access Services may include:
- arrangement of course accommodations (i.e interpreters, note takers, tutors, alternate text or exam formats, exam time extensions);
- support in obtaining appropriate documentation;
- support in accessing adaptive technologies;
- referral to external support agencies and funding source;
- referral to support services at other colleges and universities;
- orientation and registration assistance; and
- transitional assistance from secondary school to the College.
Some support services take a great deal of time to arrange. It is recommended that potential students contact the College at least three months to the program start date.
For assistance or further information contact:
Access Services Coordinator
Northern Lights College
11401 - 8th Street
Dawson Creek, BC,
Canada, V1G 4G2
Toll Free 1-866-463-6652
The Access Services Coordinator is available on the different Campuses at these hours:
Dawson Creek: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
Fort St. John: Monday and Thursday (10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
Chetwynd: The first Tuesday of every month (10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
Fort Nelson and Tumbler Ridge when necessary
Days scheduled for each campus are subject to change.