Northern Lights College celebrates the achievements of its students through an annual convocation ceremony, usually held in June. Students enrolled in courses in which successful completion leads to the attainment of a credential or recognition of an achievement are honoured. Convocation ceremonies are held annually at Dawson Creek (includes graduates from Chetwynd and Tumbler Ridge), Fort Nelson and Fort St. John.
Application to Participate in Convocation
To be eligible to participate in convocation the following requirements must be met:
- You must submit an application to convocate along with the $25 +GST convocation application fee
to Student Services before Friday, April 4, 2016. The application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
The printable application form for convocation is available here, in pdf format.
- You must have successfully met your program outcomes in the prior term or expect to successfully meet your program outcomes before Aug 31.
- The Registrar’s Office must verify your eligibility for credential(s).
- You may be recommended by the Program Dean or by the Registrar for recognition of an achievement.
- Outstanding debts must be paid in full.
The College reserves the right to establish eligibility for convocation.
The 2016 Northern Lights College Convocation Dates are:
Dawson Creek/Chetwynd/Tumbler Ridge: June 3, 2016
(Venue: Dawson Creek Campus, Aircraft Maintenance Hangar)
Fort St. John: June 10, 2016
(Venue: North Peace Cultural Center Fort St. John)
Fort Nelson: June 17, 2016
(Venue: Phoenix Theatre Fort Nelson)