Services to Aboriginal students include:
- advice about NLC admissions, programs, and services
- support for program preparation and successful completion
- assistance with, and information about financial aid
- advocacy for Aboriginal student issues
- referrals to community agencies for personal support
- specialized services to Treaty, Status, Inuit, Metis, and non-status students
Northern Lights College has Aboriginal gathering spaces on the Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Fort Nelson, and Fort St. John campuses. These gathering spaces provide a shared place for all Aboriginal students to socialize, hold special events, and receive advocacy and support. Theresa Gladue, the Aboriginal student advisor, can work with you to help promote your personal and professional success as you journey in pursuit of your post-secondary education. Computers and internet access are also available for students at these locations.
Are you a potential Indigenous student who needs assistance, has questions or concerns, or needs a little more information?
Email us at email@example.com.
Coordinator of Aboriginal Relations and Services
Phone: 250-774-2741 ext. 4602
Director of Aboriginal Education
Phone: 250-785-6981 ext. 2020