The Academic Schedule sets the start and end dates for all semester-based programs at Northern Lights College. Non-semester based programs start and end dates are established for each intake, and are defined in the College timetables.
Academic courses are normally delivered in a 15-week schedule in one of three semesters. The College also offers compressed courses in a seven week format. Semesters are:
- Fall: September to December
- Winter: January to April
- Spring: May to August.
- Intersession: May through June
- Summer session: July through August
In addition, some programs, follow a 20-week term:
- 20-week Fall: September through January
- 20-week Winter: February through June
All dates noted above are approved by the College Education Council.
Academic Schedules by Academic Year