Get career-ready at Northern Lights College in British Columbia, Canada.
Are you interested in a two-year diploma or degree that will start you on your path in Canada?
Are you looking to study at a college in a small town with big opportunities for work and play?
Are you looking for a safe and welcoming campus community with dedicated staff and faculty who will know you by name?
Then join us here at NLC. We have intakes in January, May, and September.
Download the 2021–22 Program Guide >
For over 25 years, Northern Lights College has welcomed students from around the world to our campuses in beautiful northern British Columbia. We offer dozens of educational programs which combine classroom and applied learning, designed to prepare students to succeed in the Canadian workplace. Here are 10 reasons you belong at NLC:
- Excellent education. Canadian public higher education is world class. As a public college, NLC grants diplomas and associate degrees that are recognized by employers across Canada.
- Vibrant local economy. Northeast BC has great work opportunities for during and after your studies. Most of our students find part-time work upon arrival, and often work full-time during the summer.
- Affordable. Of all BC Colleges, NLC offers the lowest annual tuition for two-year programs.
- Beautiful BC landscape. Located in the Peace River region, at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, you can study in one of the most picturesque areas of Canada.
- Our staff and instructors. With small class sizes and staff who know you by name, you will feel like you belong at NLC.
- Great places to live. We have convenient student housing on campus, so you can walk straight to class, as well as homestays with local Canadian families, and private rentals available near campus.
- Welcoming communities. Fort St. John and Dawson Creek will welcome you with small town kindness, but provide all the necessary services of a big city, including hospitals, supermarkets, and restaurants. Our local businesses are proud to hire NLC students.
- Cultural activities. International students at NLC participate in so many cultural and recreational activities, including outdoor camping, horseback riding, cricket, snow-shoeing, and local Indigenous cultural events.
- Post-graduation options. Our graduates go on to find work in Northeastern BC, as well as across Canada. The BC Transfer system allows graduates of certain NLC programs to transfer into the third year of an undergraduate university degree.
- The Northern Lights. NLC is named after the spectacular Aurora Borealis, known as the “Northern Lights.”
Contact us for more information.