Students review whole numbers, decimals, and fractions. Students study percent calculations and their applications in business including interest, markup, and markdown. Students learn to use a business calculator.
30 (Lecture Hours: 20; Laboratory Hours: 10)
- Basic mathematical operations
- Mathematical problems dealing with fractions, percentages, and interest.
- Markup and markdown
- Using a 10-key Business Calculator
- Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Perform basic mathematical operations
- Solve fraction, percentage and interest mathematical problems
- Perform mark up and mark down operations
- Operate a 10-key calculator using "touch control"
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70 %
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.