This course covers maintenance of the compass, gas heater, wing deicing system, and pitot-static systems.
42 (Shop/Teaching Kitchen: 42)
Admission to the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Program.
- Test accuracy of compass against a master compass and prepare correction card
- Disassemble heater module and inspect to manufacturer’s specification
- Reassemble and function test module
- Function test de-icing system
- Repair damage in de-icing boot
- Test aircraft installation using Barfield test instrument
- Inspect an exhaust muff heating system for serviceability
- Function test a NAV/COM system
- Function test an autopilot system
- Inspect and test a fire detection system
- Function test inverter system
- Service an aircraft oxygen system
- Inspect and test an aircraft oxygen system
- Complete an inspection of a gas heater and test its operation.
- Test the function of a pitot-static system, a wing de-icing system, and a compass and repair as necessary.
Percentage of Group Work:
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.