This course covers the deterioration of aircraft structures and components and various methods for determining its extent and repair.
Hours: 24 (Lecture Hours: 24)
Total Weeks: 15
Admission in to the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Program.
- Locate all applicable regulations
- Explain the formation and types of correction
- Describe the process involved in corrosion detection
- Explain the removal and treatment of corrosion
- Repair corrosive damage to an aircraft or component
- Describe methods used to prevent corrosion and to protect aircraft structures from damage caused by corrosive elements
- Explain the applicable regulations
- NDT references used for NDT
- Demonstrate LPI procedures
- Demonstrate MPI procedures
- Explain the basic theory of ultrasonic inspections
- Explain the basic principles of Eddy current inspections
- Explain the basic principles of radiography
- Select the proper inspection methods for determining aircraft deterioration and recognize and evaluate its extent and progress.
- Choose the proper treatment and repair.
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70%
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.