The course will provide the knowledge required to inspect and test various materials with out causing damage, and explain how this is accomplished.
Hours: 24 (Lecture Hours: 24)
Successful Completion of Aircraft Maintenance Technician 1
METALLURGY CAR appendix C part 2.3
1. The types of corrosion.
2. The hardness testing process.
3. Relevant manufacturing treatment processes of aircraft metals.
4. The fundamentals of NDT processes including, visual inspection, liquid penetrant inspection, ultrasonic inspection, eddy current inspection, magnetic particle inspection, radiography etc.
5. The methods of corrosion treatment and prevention.
6. The inspection processes for welds.
7. The inspection process for bonds.
8. Tasks identifying the types, properties and coding of aircraft metals.
9. Visual inspection and liquid penetrant inspection.
This course follows the prescribed Transport Canada Curriculum found at www.tc.gc.ca, completing this course will provide opportunity in the field of aviation in Canada. CAR Appendix C Part 2
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70%
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.