Demonstration of the theories and skills discussed during the semester will be developed and assessed to a high standard to ensure excellence in the field of aviation.
Hours: 173 (Lecture Hours: 173)
Successful Completion of Aircraft Maintenance Technician 2
Car 566 appendix C Part 2
2.0 HAND TOOLS/PRECISION INSTRUMENTS
1. Tasks utilizing the proper selection and use of hand and power tools.
Perform Lock wire tasks
6.3 Fixed Wing Controls and Rigging
10. A cable repair.
11.2 Cooling and Lubrication of Engines
4. The selection of the appropriate lubricants.
11.3 Component Parts of a Reciprocating Engine Assembly
3. Disassembly, cleaning, inspection, measuring and reassembly of the engine.
11.5 Ignition Systems
2. The timing and installation of a magneto and ignition harness.
3. The inspection, servicing and testing of magneto ignition system components.|
11.6 Installing, Testing, Troubleshooting Engines
3. Engine removal and installation including installation of accessories and component systems.
4. Reciprocating engine run-up.
The disassembly and reassembly of a carburetor,
The Adjustment of the float level.
13.0 PROPELLERS and SYSTEMS
7. Propeller installation, safe operation, inspection, adjustment and minor repair.
34. Operational check and inspection of a COM T/R system and one NAV system to the LRU (Line Replaceable Unit) level on an avionics installation.
35 Inspection of an antenna system.
36. Removal and replacement of an avionics LRU or component.
37. Tasks utilizing a multimeter or equivalent to troubleshoot an avionics wiring interconnection fault.
Engine re build and run
Turbine Inspections checks
The student upon completion of this course will apply in practical projects the theories and skills learned throughout the semester in several rubric rated projects and demonstrate the skills and safety while using tools and equipment.
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70%
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.