This course builds on the ESTH 105 Esthetics and Spa Therapy 1 training. Students will expand their knowledge of skin care to more advanced applications, techniques and used of apparatus for facias, hair removal, body hydration treatments and body scrubs. Topics including makeup artistry for day and evening, with creative applications, body treatments such as Swedish massage, hot stone massage, and experience with aromatherapy to enhance these treatments will be explored.
Students will learn the necessary business practices and team work skills necessary while operating a fully functioning on site spa including real, practical client care under the supervision of the instructor.
Hours: 455 (Lecture Hours: 155; Laboratory: 300)
Advanced hair removal
Hot stone massage
Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- deliver the professional services of an Esthetics and Spa Therapist
- maintain the proper infection controls, safety, hygienic and ethical standards required in their service to meet client needs
- perform advanced skill treatments
- apply professional makeup
- demonstrate various massage and spa treatments
- engage in professional customer service skills through performing at NLC’s full-service spa.
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70%
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current