Students will operate a fully functional Salon two days a week. The Salon is open to the public and allows students to gain practical experience in all areas of Salon management. Students will get hands-on work experience as a Hairstylist and Receptionist with the supervision of the instructor.
Hours: 120 (Shop/Teaching Kitchen: 120)
Total Weeks: 3-4
Students must be enrolled in the Hairstylist Foundation program.
Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this Practicum, learners will be able to:
- Perform receptionist duties
- Demonstrate shampooing, hairdressing, and comb-out skills
- Demonstrate cutting, styling and colouring
- Perform chemical perm and waves
- Perform hair coloring and lightening
- Demonstrate proper sanitation and disinfection processes
- Demonstrate good communication skills when discussing clients' request for services
- Apply all the skills learned in the Hairstylist Foundation program under the supervision of a licensed journey-person
Grading System: Pass/Fail
Passing Grade: Pass
Percentage of Individual Work: 100%
Textbooks: Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.