The main goal of this course is to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Windows 2016 Server and to prepare students for server installation and configuration. The course focuses on initial implementation and configuration of the Windows Server 2016 core services, such as general installation and configuration of Hyper-V and Nano Server. Another goal is to prepare students for the Windows 2016 Server certification exam 70-740.
Hours: 45 (Lecture Hours: 15, Laboratory Hours: 30)
Total Weeks: 15
Students in the Business Management Post-Degree Diploma - Information Technology Specialization program: None.
All others: ITEC 150 or permission of the Chair
- Introducing Windows Server 2016
- Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating Servers and Workloads
- Configuring Disks and Volumes
- Implementing Server Storage
- Implementing Data Deduplication
- Creating, Managing, and Maintaining Images for Deployment
- Installing and Configuring Hyper-V
- Configuring Virtual Machine (VM) Settings
- Configuring Hyper-V Storage
- Configuring Hyper-V Networking
- Installing and Configuring the Windows Nano Server
- Deploying and Managing Windows Containers
- Implementing Failover Clustering
- Managing Failover Clustering
- Implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery Options in Hyper-V
- Implementing Storage Spaces Direct
- Implementing Network Load Balancing (NLB)
- Maintaining Server Installations
- Monitoring Server Installations
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Windows 2016 Server in the areas of primary user and administration tasks.
- Install and configure Windows 2016 Server, Windows Nano Server and Hyper-V.
- Configure Disks and Volumes, Virtual Machine Settings, Hyper-V storage, Hyper-V Networking with Windows 2016 Server.
- Create and manage Images for Deployment with Windows 2016 Server.
- Deploy and manage windows container with Windows 2016 Server.
- Maintaining, monitoring, migrating and upgrading Servers and Workloads with Windows 2016 Server.
- Implement Server Storage, Data Deduplication, Failover Clustering, High availability and Disaster Recovery Options in Hyper-V, Storage Spaces Direct, Network Load Balancing with Windows 2016 Server.
Eager to Learn
Windows 2016 Server
Grading System: Letters
Passing Grade: D (50%)
Percentage of Individual Work: 75
Percentage of Group Work: 25
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.