This course is expected to equip students with the speaking, listening, reading and writing knowledge and skills necessary to work efficiently and safely in the field identified in the Learning Plan.
The student will have the recommendation of the college counsellor and the referring agency indicating a positive potential for success in the identified Learning Plan.
1) The student demonstrates the ability to process and complete a four part oral sequence related to tasks which are familiar
2) The student demonstrates the ability to process and complete a two, three, or four part oral sequence related to tasks which are unfamiliar
3) The student displays outward signs of understanding and positive interaction with the speaker
4) The student confirms understanding and seeks clarification when instructions are not understood
5) The student asks for help in an appropriate and timely manner when he/she is uncertain or needs assistance
6) The student demonstrates basic telephone etiquette
7) Student readily recognizes key words found on signs and/or frequently used in their identified interest area
8) The student demonstrates the ability to read a simple set of directions, follow the steps sequentially, and complete the task
9) The student demonstrates the ability to scribe a series of instructions or lists, utilize the notes in fulfilling the instructions, and complete the tasks/expectations
Job Education and Training