This course provides information and learning to students so that they may enter the harmonized level 2 course, MILA 250, prepared with all Level 1 outcomes completed.
Hours: 18 (Lecture Hours: 18)
Total Weeks: 1
Eligibility as indicated by the Industry Training Authority
- Describe lubrication types and systems
- Describe the safe use, storage and handling of lubricants
- Describe the use of layout tools
- Describe appropriate layout procedures for the installation of machinery
- Explain the safe use and handling of grouts
- Describe equipment foundations and associated materials
- Select and use sling and rigging attachments
- Identify and use hand rigging and devices
- Identify and describe cranes
- Perform rigging calculations
- Create a rigging plan
This course follows the prescribed ITA Provincial curriculum for Millwright. This document can be found in its most current form at: http://www.itabc.ca/millwright
Grading System: Pass/Fail
Passing Grade: Pass
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
- Students will sign and adhere to the Trades & Apprenticeship Safety and Attendance Policy.
Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.