This course will be the culmination of the competencies learned in Professional Cook training Levels 1 and 2. The student will design a fine dining Table d'Hôte Menu to showcase and demonstrate the skills required for the advanced certificate in culinary arts. This will include ordering supplies, creating a four course menu, structuring a work schedule, service of the menu items, plate design and presentation, required mise en place, and breakdown/ clean up of the stations used. Students will participate as Sous Chef, Cook , Server, Busser, Dishwasher and Food Runner.
Hours: 30 (Lecture Hours: 4; Shop Teaching Kitchen: 26)
Entry into the Advanced Certificate Culinary Arts
- Set Personal Goals
- Demonstrate team building and leadership skills
- Demonstrate effective problem solving and decision making
- Demonstrate good communication
- Demonstrate leadership including the delegation of tasks
- Design a Table d'Hôte menu
- Perform the recipe and plate presentation process
- Create a fine dining environment
- Create a high-end dining environment
- Plan an effective and efficient brigade
- Perform customer service and flow of service (accuracy)
- Reflect on the experience of creating a fine dining evening (Self-evaluation)
Learning Outcomes: The individual will develop and execute a high-end four course Table De Hote dining experience for customers while demonstrating advanced knowledge of kitchen leadership/team work, brigade structure, advanced recipe execution, plating techniques, proper service standards and while ensuring safety sanitation guidelines are being followed.
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70%
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.