The lab component of the Power Engineering program allows students to apply the theory they have learned to practical situations. Students will spend time in the lab learning the software used in the field, and will have the opportunity to practice the welding and pipefitting techniques learned in the classroom. Additionally, students will earn their boiler time as a significant portion of this course is dedicated to boiler operation and maintenance.
Hours: 210 (Laboratory Hours: 210)
- Introduction to Computers
- Pipefitting and Tool Handling
- Procedures: Boiler Operation and Boiler Maintenance
Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe and display relevant knowledge of boiler operation and maintenance
- Display basic computer skills
- Display basic welding competencies
- Identify and demonstrate correct boiler procedures
- Explain pipefitting and tool handling
- Display relevant skills with common hand and power tools used in industry
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70%
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.