This course introduces the student to the form, function, and operating principles of electrical transformers.
Hours: 36 (Lecture Hours 20; Laboratory Hours 16)
Total Weeks: 1.2
Non-Course Prerequisites: None
Co-rerequisite Statement: None
- Single Phase Transformers
- Transformer fundamentals
- Multi-winding transformers
- Voltage regulation and tap changing equipment
- Instrument transformers
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe circuit protection devices
- Describe voltage regulation and tap changing equipment of single phase transformers
- Connect and test autotransformers and instrument transformers
- Connect and test instrument transformers and pilot auxiliary control devices of AC motor controls
- Describe lighting fundamentals
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70 %
Supplies: Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Text Books: Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.