This course introduces the student to the basic mechanical components used to control turbine operation. These include YAW control, pitch control, emergency egress equipment and supporting systems.
Hours: 122 (Lecture Hours: 87; Laboratory Hours: 35)
Total Weeks: 4
- YAW gear systems
- Pitch control components
- Egress mechanical equipment
- Cooling equipment
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the major components of a YAW control system
- Describe pitch control and how it is achieved
- Identify emergency egress equipment and its use
- Describe the cooling system in wind turbines and how it is used
- Describe control actuators
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70 %
Supplies: Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Text Books: Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.