This course introduces the students to the basic hydraulic systems and their supporting role in wind turbine operation. The course covers troubleshooting, component identification, filtration, pumps, seals and actuators.
Hours: 60 (Lecture Hours 45; Laboratory Hours 15)
Total Weeks: 2
- Hydraulic components of the basic system
- Pumps and motors
- Seals and filtration
- Rotary and linear actuators
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Valves and relief control
- Hydraulic schematics
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe hydraulic operating principles
- Identify various hydraulic pumps and motors
- Describe the filtration process in a hydraulic system
- Identify rotary and linear actuator types
- Describe various hydraulic valves and their function
- Interpret hydraulic line drawings
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70 %
Supplies: Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Textbooks: Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.