This course introduces the student to cooling systems and supporting hardware for wind turbines. Included in this course are cooling system schematic interpretation and troubleshooting techniques.
Hours: 30 (Lecture Hours 20; Laboratory Hours 10)
Total Weeks: 1
- Various cooling system configuration
- Principles of cooling system operation
- Cooling system components and their function
- Troubleshooting cooling systems
- Schematic interpretation
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify cooling systems on wind turbines
- Describe the purpose for cooling systems on turbines
- Identify cooling system components on turbines
- Describe troubleshooting procedures for cooling systems
- Analyze and interpret cooling system schematics
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70 %
Supplies: Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Textbooks: Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.