This course introduces the students to the inspection and repair procedures for wind turbine rotor blades. This course covers typical rotor blade damage, repair procedures and safe work practice unique to rotor blade repair.
Hours: 43 (Lecture Hours: 24; Laboratory Hours: 19)
Total Weeks: 1.4
- Rotor blade configurations
- Rotor blade composition
- Rotor blade repair
- Rotor blade finishes
- Safe work practice when repairing blades
- Health and safety shop practices in blade repair
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe various rotor blade configurations
- Identify rotor blade composition
- Describe different types of rotor blade repair
- Identify different rotor blade finishes
- Describe safe work practices when repairing blades
- Identify hazards when repairing blades
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70%
Individual Work: 100
Supplies/Materials: Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Textbooks: Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.