The Executive Assistant Diploma is designed for graduates of Administrative Assistant Certificate programs who want to develop their career opportunities and educational qualifications. Diploma graduates will be prepared to seek opportunities as office managers or as assistants to senior executives. Diploma graduates will also have the opportunity to ladder their coursework into business degree programs at Thompson Rivers University. All courses required for NLC's Executive Assistant Diploma are available online, on a part-time basis. Face-to-face and video-conference delivery is available at designated NLC campuses, on a part-time or full-time basis depending on location.
Program graduates may seek opportunities as office managers or as assistants to senior executives. Program graduates will also be well-prepared to write the accreditation exams for the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) or the Organizational Management (OM) designation programs.
Location: Fully available online, on part-time basis, and is well-suited for individuals who may be working during the day. Courses are also available face-to-face or through video-conference.
Length: 30 credits (450 hours). Part-time students must complete the program within five years. Full-time students may complete the program in one year of study depending on their start date, course availability, and academic progress.
Start: September, January, or May.
Fees: Current Fee Schedule
Official transcripts demonstrating completion of a 10-month Applied Business Technology Administrative Assistant Certificate program.
- The program is eligible for Canada Student Loans. Visit StudentAid BC to apply for financial assistance online.
- Ready access to a computer with a reliable internet connection is required.
- Northern Lights College courses may transfer individually to other colleges, universities, and institutes in British Columbia, as indicated in the BC Transfer Guide.
- NLC and TRU have signed a laddering partnership agreement. Under the terms of this agreement, students who complete NLC's 10-month Certificate in Applied Business Technology (Administrative Assistant) will be granted 15 credits towards TRU's Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Commerce degrees (note that students who have completed 10-month Applied Business Technology programs elsewhere must confirm transfer credit with TRU). Students who complete NLC's Executive Assistant Diploma will be granted an additional 30 credits towards TRU's Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Commerce degrees provided GPA requirements are met.
- The information on this program page is a summary of the official Program Completion Guide approved by NLC’s Education Council. Download a PDF of the Program Completion Guide.
APPLY NOW for the Executive Assistant Diploma program
Do you need more information?
Program Contacts: Alison Starr, Edith Leer, Sylvia Fraser
Core courses taken by all diploma students: