The Millwright Foundation Program consists of 30 weeks of foundation training and a 2 week practicum requirement and will provide the skills required for the student to obtain level 1 technical training.
A Millwright is one who dismantles, moves, installs, changes layout, sets-up, repairs, overhauls and maintains all machinery and heavy mechanical equipment, including power shafting, pulleys, conveyors and hoists.
There is Reading week included in this program (30 hours) that will occur in the last week of February each year (exact dates will vary).
Excellent opportunities exist in local and regional industry for Millwrights. Above average salaries are offered, as well as excellent working environments.
Location: Dawson Creek Campus
Length: 26 weeks (800 hours)
Fees: Current Fee Schedule
Provide British Columbia secondary school transcripts or equivalent indicating successful completion of Grade 10 level that includes:
• Grade 10 English, OR Career and College Preparation ENGL 030 (Intermediate/ Grade 10) with C+ or higher;
• Grade 10 Math (Apprenticeship and Workplace Math 10), OR Career and College Preparation MATH 030 (Intermediate Developmental Math), MATH 031(Intermediate Trades Math) or MATH 035 (Intermediate Algebraic Math) with C+ or higher,
ESTR 037 (Intermediate-Level Essential Skills for Trades) with 67% or higher;
Complete the following sections of the Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT):
• Reading Comprehension: 11.0 grade equivalent or higher
• Number Operations: 11.0 grade equivalent or higher
• Problem Solving: 11.0 grade equivalent or higher
• Mechanical Reasoning: 51/70 (6th Stanine) or higher
Based on the results of the assessment(s), applicants may be required to participate in an assessment interview to determine admissibility. An interview may be conducted via teleconference if necessary.
Successful completion of the NLC POWER program.
• Grade 10 level completion that includes Grade 10 English and Grade 10 Math (Apprenticeship and Workplace Math 10) with C+ or higher.
- The program is eligible for Canada Student Loans. Visit StudentAid BC to apply for financial assistance online. Note that dual credit students are not eligible for Student Aid.
- Students must provide safety equipment, including footwear having CSA safety-toe protection and CSA safety glasses with clear lenses, gloves, coveralls, etc.
- The program is affiliated with the Industry Training Authority, Program Advisory Committee and School Districts 59, 60, 81 and 87.
- The information on this program page is a summary of the official Program Completion Guide approved by NLC’s Education Council (Click to download a PDF of the current Program Completion Guide.)
APPLY NOW for the Millwright Foundation program
Do you need more information?
Program Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Instructor: Russ Haugen