An official transcript is a copy of the student’s permanent academic record imprinted with the signature of the Registrar and issued on paper with security features that support authenticity of the record.
Transcripts reflect all courses taken or transferred to Northern Lights College; partial transcripts will not be issued. Completed credentials will only appear on a transcript once a student's graduation has been conferred.
Official transcripts are printed and enclosed in a Northern Lights College envelope. Each envelope is sealed with a silver holographic seal indicating that an official record is enclosed. Official transcripts are not issued by email.
Please note: The College reserves the right to withhold official records for students in arrears or with outstanding books or tools.
How to order your Official Transcript
Official Transcripts must be requested by a student and are subject to a nominal fee. All student obligations relating to fees, library books, rentals or borrowed equipment or other materials must be met before official transcripts will be released.
Fill out the Official Transcript Request (English) or Demande de Relevés de Notes (French ) and follow the instructions on the form to submit and make your payment.
- REGULAR - transcripts are ready within five (5) business days of request and payment.
- RUSH - transcripts ordered before 2:00 PM are ready after 11:00 AM the next business day. A surcharge applies for rush orders. Rush service is not available when you choose the "hold for end-of-semester grades" or "hold for graduation" special instruction options.
- MAIL - sealed transcripts are sent to the mailing address you indicate on your order form.
- Regular orders are sent by Canada Post regular mail.
- Rush orders to a Canadian address are sent by XpressPost service.
- Rush orders to international addresses are sent by regular mail.
- Courier services are not available. Students who wish transcripts to be couriered must make their own arrangements.
- PICK UP - sealed transcripts are held for you to pick up at the NLC campus you indicate on your order form. Note that transit time between campuses is not included in the service time to produce official transcripts.
- You must present photo ID when picking up your transcript order. Your ID must match the name on your transcript.
- Only you are allowed to pick up your official transcript. Under special circumstance, a signed letter of permission accompanying the third party may be acceptable for individuals picking up transcripts on behalf of the student.
Options for special instructions:
- Issue immediately - transcripts are issued now according to the service option (Regular or Rush) that you select.
HOLD for end-of-semester grades - transcripts are issued after your final grades for the current semester are recorded on your student record. This option is available for the current semester only. Rush service is not available.
- HOLD for graduation - transcripts are issued after the Office of the Registrar confirms your eligibility to graduate. You must have applied to graduate to select this option. Rush service is not available.
Student have access to unofficial transcripts through the Borealis online system. There are no fees for unofficial transcripts.
To access your transcript online:
- Log into Borealis
- Select Academic from the vertical grey menu on the left-hand side
- Choose Unofficial Transcript
- Click the Unofficial Transcript link to open a PDF of your unofficial transcript
How to read your transcript
Your transcript is organized by term, and includes summary information including credentials awarded at the top.
Repeated courses are indicated by a title reading "same course as...".
If Transfer Credit is present, it will be shown at the end. For information about how a GPA is calculated, see the GPA Information page.