This Registration Guide is primarily for students who are taking semester-based classes and register each semester.
- Students in non-semester-based programs are registered automatically as part of the admission process. If you want to take one of the cohort programs, apply now.
- If you are interested in continuing education or workforce training classes, please see the registration instructions here.
Before you register
Check to make sure you don't have any restrictions on your account that will prevent registration.
- Log into WebAdvisor and select "View Account Summary" under the Financial Information menu.
- Click the "Home" button from the left-hand side menu.
- If you have any restrictions, they will be listed under Notifications on this home page.
Restrictions can be added for things like overdue library books and outstanding tuition payments. You need to clear any restrictions on your account before you can register. Follow the instructions in the notification.
How to register in semester-based courses
1. Make sure you've already applied and been admitted to your program. If you haven't done this yet, apply now or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
2. Find out when your assigned registration time is. This is the exact date and time that you can start registering for the upcoming semester.
- Log into WebAdvisor and select "When can I register?" under the Registration menu to see your assigned registration time.
- You'll also receive an email from the Office of the Registrar near the date that the timetable is published with your assigned registration time. If you don't receive this email, please contact StudentHelp@nlc.bc.ca.
3. Choose your classes and plan your timetable.
- Use your program plan and the online timetables to plan which sections you intend to register in.
- Make sure you meet pre-requisites and co-requisites for the courses you want.
- Be sure to write down the full section number for each section you want to register in. For example, write down ENGL-100-DC221 instead of just ENGL-100
- Plan for a few back up options in case the specific sections you want are full or have time conflicts with other sections you want.
- Do your planning in advance so you are ready to register in your chosen sections right at your assigned registation time. Classes can fill up quickly!
4. At your assigned registration time, log into WebAdvisor and complete your registration. Alternatively, you can fill out an Add, Drop, and Withdrawal Form and submit it to Campus Services.
5. Pay your registration deposit.
- All students are required to pay a $250.00 non-refundable registration deposit each semester.
- Registration deposits are applied towards your tuition and fees.
- You need to pay the remaining amount owing for your tuition and fees by the fee payment deadline, which is the first day of the semester.
- Failure to pay in full by the fee payment deadline will result in account holds, collection activities, and possible de-registration.
View your Registration Statement
After you've completed your registration, you should review your Registration Statement, which lists your registrations and fee information for the semester.
You can access your Reg Statement by logging into WebAdvisor and selecting "View Account Activity" under the Financial Information menu. Once you are in "View Account Activity", click the "View Statement" hyperlink on the right hand side of the page to open a PDF of your Registration Statement.