New card design for Fall 2017!
All students enrolled and assessed Technology fees are eligible for an NLC Student ID card for the period of attendance. Cards may be issued up to two weeks prior to the start of classes.
Get your card!
To obtain a student ID card, each student must:
- Present government issue photo ID to their nearest Student Services office.
- Have their digital photo taken at that time.
- Pick up their card from:
- In Fort St John at the campus library; or
- All other campuses, at the same Student Services office 7-10 business days later.
Online students (students taking all courses online) or students at an offsite location, can obtain a student ID card by emailing email@example.com a request for student ID card. Request must include:
- Name of the student
- NLC Student ID number
- Scanned copy of a government issue photo ID clearly showing the photo, and the legal name.
- A digital photo of the student:
- Head and shoulders only. Don’t cut off part of your head/hair! We want to see your entire head! Your hair can be down or back.
- A light colored neutral background
- No hats or sunglasses please (headgear with religious significance is welcome)
- In JPG (jpeg) format.
- 300dpi resolution
- At least 200 pixels wide and at least 200 pixels tall.
- Smiles are OK!
Cards will be mailed to the address on file at NLC. Please ensure your mailing address is updated prior to requesting your ID card.
Effective September 2017, NLC Student ID cards are printed with an expiry date (one year from issue date).
Returning students may renew their card by asking for an Expiry Date sticker from their nearest Campus Services after the card has expired. Students must already be registered for the upcoming year prior to receiving a new sticker.
Online students can renew their card at no cost by following the Online student process. NLC will issue a replacement card.
Lost, found, stolen, or replacement cards
Replacement cards for lost or stolen or current photos are subject to a fee. Please return found Student ID cards to the nearest Campus Services office or mail to:
Office of the Registrar
Northern Lights College
11401 – 8th St.
Dawson Creek, BC, Canada V1G 4G2