Covid-19 FAQ – International students

Other topics

Admissions  |  Classes  |  Financial aid  |  Graduation  |  Invigilation  |  Library services  |  Services  |  Student housing  |  Technical support

Additional information

Information for Indigenous students.

If you have any questions about tech support, payments, and other services, please check the other FAQ topics above.

What financial aid is available for international students?
NLC has emergency assistance grants available for all NLC students experiencing financial distress due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The provincial and federal governments have support programs available for people who have lost their incomes due to Covid-19, which international students may be able to access. Check BC’s Financial Supports in Response to Covid-19 and Canada’s Covid-19 Economic Response Plan for details.

I am a new international student scheduled to start at NLC in September 2020. Will I be able to travel to Canada and begin my studies?
We expect that we will, like now, deliver our programs online, but we are awaiting direction from the provincial government about this. International students are partially exempt from travel restrictions to Canada.

How can I receive letters from NLC to renew my study permit, apply for a post-graduate work permit, or confirm my enrolment?
The International Education office continues to provide these services to you. Please contact us and we can support you.