Sometimes things don't go as planned, and students must deregister. Deregistration requires formal notice to NLC and is subject to policy, including how refunds are applied.
Continuing Education Withdrawal Policy
This policy applies to all continuing education (CE), work force training (WFTR), helicopter type training (ROTO), and welder testing and practice (WELD) courses. Please see the Tuition Deposits, Deadlines, Refunds and Penalties Policy (F-4.03) for all other programs.
NLC cancels the course
- 100% refund of all tuition and fees paid.
Student cancels the course
- Full refund including textbooks and supplies if written notification is received one week or more prior to the start of the class. Notification should be sent to Student Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 90% of tuition will be refunded if written notification is received prior to the start of the class but less than one week prior to the start of the class. Note that textbook and supplies fees will not be refunded during this time. Students can contact email@example.com to arrange to pick up textbooks.
- No refunds for dropping once the class has started, or for non-attendance.
- Students will have the option to register in an alternate course when dropping and apply any balance to the new registration.
- All refunds can be issued to the original Visa, MasterCard, or debit card providing an original payment receipt is provided. All other refunds will be issued by cheque within 10 business days of when the de-registration occurs.
- Refunds are issued to students unless a formal sponsorship agreement is on file with NLC.
- Sponsorships may be withdrawn in writing prior to the first day of classes. After that, the sponsor is responsible for full payment.
- Find more information about sponsorship
- Refunds for corporate training are defined in the contract for services.