Dual Credit Programs

We have established partnerships with School Districts 59, 60, and 81 in northeastern British Columbia, as well as with Northern Opportunities, to offer Dual Credit programming with options to qualified secondary school students.

Dual Credit programs allow students in grades 11 and 12 to gain credits towards secondary school graduation while also earning credits in a post-secondary academic course, vocational program, or trade or Apprenticeship.

How much does this cost?

Each participating School District has an agreement with Northern Lights College regarding the payment of tuition fees for Dual Credit programs. For details, check with your secondary school counselor.

How do I apply?

  • Meet with your secondary school counselor.
  • Ensure that you have completed the prerequisites before the program starts.
  • Design your timetable to accommodate the Dual Credit program.
  • Sign the Letter of Understanding and have your parent or guardian sign.
  • Complete an NLC Application form and return it to your counselor, who will forward it to the College with all paperwork completed.

Where are the programs offered?

Individual Dual Credit programs are offered at specific NLC campuses or via online or distributed delivery models. Student Residence space at NLC is available at the Dawson Creek and Fort St. John campuses. Please note that minimum age for living in Residence is 17 years.

Still have questions?

Contact Admissions: Call 1-866-463-6652 or email admissions@nlc.bc.ca


Dual credit is offered in the following programs:
Trades and Apprenticeship Programs
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Automotive Service Technician
Carpentry Foundation (Enhanced)
Electrician Foundation
Heavy Mechanical Trades Foundation
Millwright Foundation
Oil and Gas Field Operations
Piping Trades
Power Engineering
Professional ​Cook

Academic and vocational programs
Applied Business Technology
Business Management
Early Childhood Education and Care
Education Assistant
Health Care Assistant

University arts and sciences courses
(that transfer to other post-secondary institutions), such as:
Political Science