Request or renew your Student ID card

New Student ID

To obtain a student ID card:

1. Take a selfie!

  • Head and shoulders only. Don’t cut off part of your head/hair – we want to see your entire head! You hair can be down or pulled back.
  • Use a light coloured neutral background.
  • No hats or sunglasses please (headgear with religious significance is welcome).
  • Smiles are OK!
  • Must be in JPG (jpeg) format.
  • 300dip resolution.
  • At least 200 pixels wide and at least 200 pixels tall.

2. Email your selfie to records@nlc.bc.caemail

  • Make sure your mailing address is up-to-date on your student record before you request your card.
    • If you want your card mailed to a different address, provide the address when you email your selfie.
  • The subject line of your email should be “Request for Student ID Card”
  • In the body of your email, you must include:
    • Your full name
    • Your NLC Student ID number
    • Your program (especially important for ECEC, HCA, and PN)
  • Don’t forget to attach your selfie!
  • Attach a scanned copy of a government issued photo ID clearly showing your photo and legal name

Your Student ID Card will be mailed to you unless you have any classes scheduled on‐campus. Students who are registered in courses on campus will be able to pick up their ID at Campus Services. Please allow five business days for processing.

Renew Student ID

Extend the expiry date of your card by requesting a renewal sticker. After you’ve registered in classes for the upcoming year, visit Campus Services to request your sticker. (Bring your current student ID card). Or fill out the form provided.

Need to replace a lost card, or want to update your photo? Use the Replacement Student ID Card Request FormPDFnew window to order a replacement and pay the small replacement fee ($10 +GST). Please return found Student ID cards to the nearest Campus Services.

Accessing and understanding your grades

Your final grades are based on the approved grading system for your specific course. Please note: grades from different grading systems may not be interchanged for a given course.

For a breakdown of NLC’s grade system, download this guide:

For tips on how to view your grades, watch the helpful video provided.

Order your official transcript

Your official transcript from NLC includes all courses, grades, term and cumulative GPA, academic standing, any transfer credit awarded, and any credential(s) awarded. Official transcripts are printed using security features that support the authenticity of the record.

To order your transcript, fill out the Official Transcript Request Form (EN) or Official Transcript Request Form (FR).

Looking for an unofficial transcript? These are available for students to download on demand through Borealis.

Confirmation of enrolment

If you need enrolment verification for an employer, a funder, or a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP), you may request an official letter from Student Records.

Send an email to with your full name, student ID number, and the information you would like to be included in the letter. Or if you have an enrollment confirmation form that you need filled out, attach it to the email. Please allow up to 5 business days for a response.

NOTE: Confirmation of enrolment forms for government Student Loans MUST be completed by a Financial Aid Officer. Submit these forms to

Get your T2202 Tax Receipt

This tax form certifies eligible education amounts that can be claimed on an income tax return. NLC issues these certificates by February 28 each year.

To access, save and print your T2202 certificates, login to Borealis and select T2202 Student Tax Forms. Need help? Review our T2202 FAQ or contact Student Help.

This video may help.

Update your student records

If any of your personal data has changed, such as your name*, address or phone number, you’ll need to update your student records.

Please download the Student Record Update Form, print it, and sign it by hand. Once completed, you can bring the form to Campus Services or email to:

*Students will need to provide government-issued photo ID to change the name on their student record.

Update your citizenship

If you were an international student and have now obtained your Permanent Residency or Canadian Citizenship, you may request an update to the citizenship status on your NLC student record.

To request your citizenship update, read and complete the Citizenship Status Change Request Form, attach clear copies of your supporting documentation* to the form, and submit to Campus Services (in person or by email to Requests may take up to 10 business days to process.

*Supporting documents include: Canadian Passport, Permanent Resident (PR) Card, Confirmation of Permanent Residence/Landing Papers, or other official documentation confirming you no longer require a visa to study at NLC.

NOTE: a change in citizenship status may impact your tuition rate. Tuition rate changes are not retroactive, application fees are non-refundable, and admission deposits or tuition over-payments that result from a change in citizenship status will not be refunded until after the add/drop period.

Release of Student Records

If you would like to have your records sent out or have someone access your information, you need to download, fill out and submit this Release of Student Records

Have questions? Contact us


Phone: 1-866-INFO-NLC

Mail: 11401 – 8th St, Dawson Creek, BC, Canada V1G 4G2