Donating to NLC through the NLC Foundation
There are several ways for individuals, organizations and businesses to donate to students and the College:
*All donations will receive a receipt for income tax purposes.
About the NLC Foundation
The Northern Lights College Foundation is an organization dedicated to helping our students embark on their lifelong journey of learning. We create and build relationships with our donors that create unique opportunities for our students, college, and community at large.
The Foundation distributes over $300,000 in awards and program support every year. As of March 31, 2022, the Foundation’s assets and endowment funds totaled over $4 million.
Formed in 1981, the Northern Lights College Foundation has four main objectives:
- To support community projects and the promotion of higher education.
- To foster community interest in promoting higher education and training.
- To act as a recipient of trust funds in the form of monies or other properties.
- To grant monies to Northern Lights College for the designated use of scholarships and bursaries to be awarded to students.
Help us help our students
Every dollar you give will make a difference in the lives of our students.Donate Today
Awards, Scholarships & Bursaries
Scholarships, bursaries and awards are non-repayable financial assistance made available to students through the Northern Lights College Foundation and other organizations.
Applying for Foundation awards is now easier than ever! Current NLC students click here to find out more.
How to apply:
- Log into myapps.nlc.bc.ca (or replace steps one and two by clicking here).
- Select the ASTRA icon.
- Choose “Application” on the left-hand side.
- Complete application.
*Please note — regarding the progress bar on the left-hand side — “In progress” means you have NOT completed all questions in that section. “Complete” means you can move onto the next section.
- Submit application.
- On your dashboard, scroll down and select the awards that show “complete follow up,” complete the additional steps, then click “submit.”
- All answers autosave, so you can come back any time before the award deadline and complete the application.
- We recommend saving your letter in another program — Word, Notepad, etc, to simplify applications! You can copy and paste your letter into each application it is needed. Be sure to review the letter criteria and edit your letter (if required) to meet all criteria.
- Prospective students — complete steps 3-6 after registering by using the link below.
Prospective NLC Students
Are you a prospective NLC student looking for information on which awards you could be eligible to apply for? Visit Astra’s Prospective Students Site to register!
Follow steps 3-6 above after registering to apply. If you require assistance with registration, navigating Astra, or are looking for additional financial assistance, please contact a Financial Aid Officer at email@example.com.
Directors and Administrators
The Foundation will always have a minimum of seven and maximum of 13 directors. The College provides administrative support to ensure the full amount of all donations goes directly to the purpose designated by you, the donor.
NLC President and CEO
(Olu) Donald Fajemisin
Ex-Officio NLC Board Rep