This program consists of Automotive Service Technician Levels 1, 2, 3 and 4 Technical training as per the ITA prescribed curriculum. Automotive Service Technician is a nationally designated trade under the Interprovincial Red Seal program.
Automotive Service Technicians examine, test and repair the parts and systems on cars and light trucks. They often use computerized diagnostic equipment to test, adjust and repair key vehicle components such as engines, steering systems, braking systems, drive trains, vehicle suspensions and electrical systems. The work of an Automotive Service Technician also involves reassembling and testing repaired items against manufacturers' standards, as well as performing preventative maintenance such as wheel alignments, oil changes and tune-ups.
Individuals who complete the Automotive Service Technician Foundation Program will receive a credit contribution for the Level 1 technical training and 450 work-based hours toward completion of the Automotive Service Technician Level 1 apprenticeship program.
Automotive Service Technician, Automotive Dealership Service Manager, Automotive Sales, or Automotive Business or Dealership Owner
Location: Fort St. John Campus
Length: 840 hours / 28 weeks
Start: Current Apprenticeship level program schedule
Fees: Current Fee Schedule
Eligibility as per the Industry Training Authority
- The program is not eligible for Canada Student Loans.
- Students must provide personal protective equipment (safety glasses, steel-toed boots, gloves, coveralls, etc.)
- Students are required to have a computer (PC or laptop) with minimum computer requirements: www.nlc.bc.ca/Services/Information-Technology/minPC
- The program is affiliated with the Industry Training Authority.
- The information on the page is a summary of the official Program Completion Guide approved by NLC’s Education Council. Download a PDF of the Program Completion Guide.
APPLY NOW for the Automotive Service Technician Apprenticeship program
Do you need more information?
Program Instructor: Eddie Kristiansen
Apprenticeship Contact: email@example.com