Explore Trades for Adults introduces students to a variety of trades paths available at NLC in a short period of time. Students will gain an understanding of the standards, materials, instructional methods and academic performance associated with various foundation and apprenticeship trades pathways through exposure to 4 of the trade areas available for study at Northern Lights College.
The 4 trades areas of focus will be a combination selected from the following: Carpenter, Welder, Plumber, Electrician, Auto Service Technician, Heavy Mechanical Trades Technician, Millwright, Cook, or Oil & Gas Operator.
Location: Any campus with sufficient enrolment
Length: 300 hours (typically 12 weeks)
Fees: Current Fee Schedule
Must be 19 years old by the first day of classes.
- The program is affiliated with the ITA.
- The program is NOT eligible for Canada Student Loans.
- CSA approved steel toed safety boots
- Students are required to have a computer (PC or laptop) with minimum computer requirements as listed on the NLC website (www.nlc.bc.ca/Services/InformationTechnology/minPC).
- The information on this program page is a summary of the official Program Completion Guide approved by NLC’s Education Council. Download a PDF of the Program Completion Guide.
APPLY NOW for the Explore Trades for Adults.
Do you need more information?
Program Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org