Applications to this program are currently suspended.
Please contact email@example.com for more information
Pre-vocational and life skill training for youth and adults with barriers to employment. The program consists of a variety of learning opportunities designed to provide the skills necessary for success in the workplace and independent living.
Entry-level positions in a variety of fields such as food service, customer service, retail, and hospitality. Graduates also may be eligible to ladder into course offerings in Career and College Preparation programs.
Location: Dawson Creek Campus
Length: 18 weeks
Start: September and February
Fees: Current Fee Schedule
The student must:
- have support of family, advocate, and referring agency (where applicable);
- have transportation independent of the College;
- be 17 years of age or have a special arrangement with the School District, and/or the instructor.
- The program is not eligible for Canada Student Loans.
- Tuition fees are applicable for the three safety ticket courses required for work experience: Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level 1, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), and FOODSAFE Level 1.
- Work experience placements are arranged to match a student's field of interest and, where possible, to offer an opportunity for paid employment following the volunteer placement.
- The information on this program page is a summary of the official Program Completion Guide approved by NLC’s Education Council. Download a PDF of the Program Completion Guide.
APPLY NOW for the Job Education and Training program
Do you need more information?
Program Contact: Carole Taylor
(not required for program completion; however, may be needed for work experience/employment)