The People Obtaining Workplace Employment Requirements (POWER) program prepares students for entry into trades training and employment. Students will learn the essential skills required to begin training in trades programming, including mathematics and science, that a trades person uses every day. They will also learn personal skills in areas of communication, decision making, job search and study skills, common safety requirements, and hand and power tool identification and usage, that will prepare them for entry into a foundation level trades programs.
Students who have completed this program will have basic skills necessary to work as a labourer in industry or will be ready to pursue formalized trades training.
Location: Varies based on schedule
Length: 18 weeks, 540 hours
Start: See Trades Intake Schedule
Fees: Current Fee Schedule
• 16 years of age or older; or consent of the Dean.
NOTE: There is no maximum age.
- The program is not eligible for Canada Student Loans,however students may be eligible for the Adult Upgrading Grant.
- The program is affiliated with the ITA.
- Students must provide safety equipment, including footwear having CSA safety-toe protection.
- The information on this program page is a summary of the official Program Completion Guide approved by NLC’s Education Council. Download a PDF of the Program Completion Guide.
APPLY NOW for the People Obtaining Workplace Employment Requirements program
Do you need more information?
Program Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org