Program intakes are arranged through sponsored, contract delivery.
For more information, please contact Steve Roe firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pre-Employment Workplace Essential Skills program offers pre-vocational training for youth and adults. The program includes the Test of Workplace Essential Skills (TOWES) to assess the student’s essential skill level and a variety of learning opportunities designed to increase literacy, employability and essential skill levels of people preparing to enter the workforce.
Graduates exit the program with qualifications for entry-level positions in a variety of fields. In addition, graduates from the program have training in the nine essential skills to meet the requirement level of the Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) National Occupational Classification and the Conference Board of Canada Essential Skills.
Location: Dawson Creek Campus
Length: 18 weeks
Start: September or February
Fees: Current Fee Schedule
- 17 years of age (or have a special arrangement with the School District(s) and/or Instructor); and
- minimum working literacy level of Grade 5.
- The program is not eligible for Canada Student Loans.
- Students must pay tuition for Workforce Training courses.
- The information on the page is a summary of the official Program Completion Guide approved by NLC’s Education Council. Download a PDF of the Program Completion Guide.
Students may also choose one or more of the following optional Workforce Training courses, depending on the occupation associated with their work experience course: