Dual Credit Programs
Northern Lights College has established partnerships with School Districts 59, 60, and 81 in Northeastern British Columbia, as well as with Northern Opportunities, to offer Dual Credit programming options to qualified secondary school students. In partnership with Northern Opportunities, an innovative Northeastern BC partnership, Northern Lights College provides secondary school students with a seamless learning pathway from secondary school to post-secondary trades and apprenticeship training.
Dual Credit programs allow students in grades 11 and 12 to gain credits towards secondary school graduation while also earning credits in a post-secondary academic course, vocational program, or trade or apprenticeship.
Each participating School District has an agreement with Northern Lights College regarding the payment of tuition fees for Dual Credit programs. For details, check with your secondary school counsellor.
How do I apply?
- Meet with your secondary school counsellor.
- Ensure that you have completed the prerequisites before the program starts.
- Design your timetable to accommodate the Dual Credit program.
- Sign the Letter of Understanding and have your parent or guardian sign.
- Complete an NLC application form and return it to your counsellor, who will forward it to the College with all paperwork completed.
Housing at NLC is available on the Dawson Creek and Fort St. John campuses. Please note that the minimum age for living in student housing is 17 years.
Northern Opportunities represents a regional collaboration of industry, Indigenous organizations, education and government.